How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrThomasMd Your Own Question
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 64284
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
DrThomasMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a 61 year old female ,I take 1800mg of trileptal, last

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a 61 year old female ,I take 1800mg of trileptal for seizures, last one was dec/2015. I'm well no problems yesterday I star feeling kind of numbers and also tingling on one side of my nose when I touch it feels funny and the tingling feeling goes to my eye.only one side of my nose and eye.can you please help me.thank you very much.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.


You need to go to the ER.

Have someone take you.

It can be a mini stroke.

It can be the beginning of trigeminal neuralgia or bell's palsy.

It can be a problem in the cervical spine.

All of these are possible, the idea of an impending stroke, with this as a warning, means you should have immediate evaluation.

Please click a positive rating on the scale at the top of this page.

Let me know how it goes.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here