How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 64967
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having pins and needles tingling in both hands and feet

Customer Question

I am having pins and needles tingling in both hands and feet along with difficulty in walking.
I have been told(2015) that I have 1 herniated disc and 2 bulging disc in my back. I am unable to get an apt with a neurologist until Aug. What Can I do for this extreme and
constant pain?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.


You need to see an MD specialist of physical medicine and rehabilitation.

Or a spinal orthopedist.

They can do injections into the disc areas that are a problem.

You need to be getting physical therapy, the correct type.

A PM&R doctor will also use electronic pain therapies and other techniques.

A neurologist is not going to be very useful if this is all from the discs.

By the way, Gabapentin is not a once a day drug.

It can increase the dose and be 2 or 3 times a day.

Talk with your doctor about this.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here