DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I had my first seizure on October 16, 2015. Then Feb 22,

Customer Question

I had my first seizure on October 16, 2015. Then Feb 22, 2016, then June 22, 2016. Why do they happen every 4 months? All of them happened between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM at my office just after I came out of a meeting. Not clear why I have any at all, since I sleep so much and dont take crazy drugs. If I could reasonably predict, it would make life more tolerable. Can you help?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

There is no way to predict

And there is no specific reason they would show up every 4 months.

There can be triggers that trigger seizures in some people.

That you would have to identify.

If the meetings are very stressful for exsmple.

However, you should be on seizure medication if you have seizures, and you need an EEG.

The ER doc is not the doc to follow you.

See a neurologist.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did see a neurologist who gave me every test he could think of and could not find anything. I am a scientist, too. Why do the 3 seizures I have had always happen +) between 11 am and 1 pm, +) at my office when I am sitting in my chair, +) just after I get out of a meeting, which has resolved stressful things in profound ways sufficient to give me peace, +) on increments that occurred on 129 days and 121 days apart. Other thing: on June 22 I 'knew" I was going to have a seizure, then it happened. The simple issue is: I DO feel like I have control when they happen, though not at all clear why they are happening in the first place, though being an owner of a structural engineering firm while the biggest project in downtown KC is being built is, indeed, a high source of daily stress that has affected my health in many detrimental profound ways.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hi

There is no medical/seizure explanation why you would feel you control this, or why they would happen to exactly at the same cycle.

If the neurologist found nothing, then it is questionable if these are actually brain induced seizures.

They could be pseudo-seizures.

In other words a form of somatatization, which is psychological.

I suggest you get a sleep deprived EEG, which picks up hard to find seizures.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/