Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I am 34 year old female two months postpartum....just some

Customer Question
Hi doctor. I am 34...
Hi doctor. I am 34 year old female two months postpartum....just some history, a little over a year ago I experienced a four week period where I was lightheaded everyday (the lightheadedness would come and go throughout the day). I went to see a neurologist and he ordered an MRI with contrast and it was negative. Fast forward over a year later and I was 9 months pregnant I started getting throbbing headaches everyday for 5 weeks. The headaches never lasted longer then an hour...now, 3 months later I am suffering from
Painful abdominal cramps and back pain that comes and goes everyday (mainly in the morning) I also have tingly fingers as well as a weird feeling in my foot as if it's a bit heavy. I have had these symptoms for a little over a week now.
My question is: I know that 5 percent of MS diagnosis start with a negative MRI? Does it sound like this might be the cAse?
Do MS symptoms come and go throughout the day or are the persistent during a flare?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
7/2/2016
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

This is Dr. David

it sounds like you are letting your anxiety symptoms get out of control to make you worried.

your symptoms do not point to MS

given your history of excessive anxiety, you may need treatment for your anxiety symptoms to help.

the cramps sound like they are from ovarian cysts

your back pain symptoms most likely is from a slipped disk or muscle strain.

loosing weight after pregnancy can take pressure off of your back.

you don't have to worry about MS

let me know if you have other questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doctor aren't you an oncologist...are you. Neurologist as also? Also please do not let the fact that I have anxiety override everything, people with anxiety can also have MS.

you have had testing with an MRI scan of your brain already which didn't show MS

you can see a neurologist and get more MS testing, spinal tap, MRI scan of your spine

but I bet you money those tests will be 100% negative for MS.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doctor you aren't answering any of my questions....do ms flares come and go
Throughout the day?

MS doesn't flare up and come and go throughout the day

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I meant can they...I told you I had an episode of lightheadedness for four weeks last year but it wasn't constant through the day, it would last 5-6 hours.

no, your symptoms are not due to MS.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question is do symptoms of ms mimic this?

no, symptoms of MS don't do this.

Dr. David, Board Certified MD