How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Muneeb Ali Your Own Question
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 6696
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Muneeb Ali is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have spinal stenosis what can I do? I have seen Dr. of

Customer Question

I have spinal stenosis what can I do?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have seen Dr. Perry of Precision Pain and my PCP Dr. Karanth
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I lost 5 inches in height and I have tried PT and stretching of the "butt muscle"
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not regarding this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.


Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now spinal stenosis can be treated with the help of a number of modalities. These can include the ones which you have mentioned but you can also try,

1) Painkillers - use of painkillers is key in managing the pain associated with spinal stenosis

2) Neuropathic painkillers - if there is numbness, tingling etc then drugs like lyrica or neurontin can be used

3) Epidural injections - which can be used to reduce the inflammation at the site and improve symptoms

4) TENS therapy which uses electrical stimulation to counter the symptoms associated with spinal stenosis

5) Physiotherapy would be still be conducted even if you have been doing it uptil now

6) Lastly, Surgery is the option which is considered when all other options have failed. The exact surgical procedure would depend upon the location as well as the extent of the stenosis.

7) Rhizotomy/ radiofrequency ablation procedures- which are done to alleviate the pain by essentially destroying the compressed nerve roots

I would suggest that you discuss these options with your doctor and an orthopedic surgeon as well. The height loss is unlikely to be regained however.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Related Neurology Questions