Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had a knee injury and was walking with a cane--now weeks i

Customer Question

i had a knee injury and was walking with a cane--now for two weeks i cannot walk and have to hold on to someone- then i freeze and cant walk i think i amgoing to fall and scream for help.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Are you unable to walk because of weakness that is affecting one or both legs?

Or are you having weakness affecting the entire body?

Do you have any chronic medical problems?

Have you had any evaluation for this difficulty walking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

The system says that you would like a phone call, so I will send the Offer for that.

I had asked for some further information and I got a response that you wanted a phone call, so I sent an Offer to discuss this by phone and have not heard back.

Inability to walk can be related to many different types of problems. If it is due to weakness of only a portion of the body, such as one leg, it would be worrisome for a stroke. Weakness of one or both legs also can be related to spine problems that is pinching the spinal cord or the nerves as they exit the spine. Diffuse weakness would be more worrisome for a systemic conditions, such as an infection, certain metabolic conditions, such as electrolyte abnormalities. It also could be related to a diffuse musculoskeletal or inflammatory condition.

Generally speaking, someone that has new onset of inability to walk should be seen by a doctor for an examination and further evaluation to determine the cause of the problem.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.