Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I would like to know what this means and if it is

Customer Question
significant: JA: Have you seen a...
I would like to know what this means and if it is significant:
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I've had an MR venogram and they found..."the pituitary stalk is displaced towards the right by a CSF intensity intrasellar lesion superior to the inferior compressed left lobe of pituitary gland measuring 9x9x6mm suggestive of an intrasellar arachnoid cyst. Can you explain in english what this means please
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have suffered from headaches on and off for a while but since my second ACDF in Feb to fuse C6/7, headaches have been constant almost and sometimes severe, pressure in my head and disturbances in vision. I also have quite intense pins and needles on left side including my face and my neurosurgeon initially said this was from the spinal cord injury but now I'm wondering if the thing in my head may be responsible.....
JA: Your nerves are the communications system for your body so you are doing the right thing consulting our Expert about anything to do with them. Losing comms is not good.
Customer: What does the above information I have given mean
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
6/25/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am currently taking Lyrica (75mg b.d) and Celebrex (200mg b) for the nerve pain etc from my spinal fusion. I am also on Metformin (1000mg b) for insulin resistance and Atorvastatin (20mg d) for cholesterol.

thank you for that additional information.

You have a fluid filled cyst in the middle of your brain.

It would be a good idea to see an ophthalmologist for a visual field test to make sure your optic nerve is OK, although from what you have posted it seems that the cyst is above that area.

It is probably not the cause of your headaches but a neurologist would be able to better address this issue.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD