dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
16766337

I have arthritis in most joints in my body and experience

Customer Question

I have arthritis in most joints in my body and experience various pain. Corrently take methrotrexate 6 pills on Sunday.
Lately have been aware of much more pain. The pain moves from joint to joint. Lately I will wake up with severe pain in back of hand, bottoms of feet and many other joints. This appears very different in that pain is shooting severe pain. Yesterday back of hand was so bad could not get into pocket. Could not move back of hand in upward motion. Today gone.
Because of the severe pain, movement from one place to other want to have your thoughts. Pain is extremely bad for one or two day, then will show up in different part of body in day or two.
Thank you
Thomas J Kuebler (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

I am sorry to hear about your issues .

Methotrexate is disease modifying agent and this is not used for acute pain control.

As you have pain in multiple area of body and joints , this is flare up of acute joint issue which need immediate attention .

It would be ideal for you to visit ER and get Shot of IV Methyprednisolone for relief please .

And get appointment from Rhematologist .

Good luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/