How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chaithanya Your Own Question
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr Chaithanya is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 49 years old and am worried about early alzheimers. I

Customer Question

i am 49 years old and am worried about early alzheimers. I have been in menopause for 5 years and i am on Estrogen. Things just seem to be disappearing from my memory. Also it showed that I tested positive for the APOE gene. Should i make an appt. with a local Neurologist? Thank you so much for taking my question.Julie
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hello Julie

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

Yes, you need to take an appointment with neurologist.

He will have a protocol to examine you and can diagnose the extent of Alzheimer's.

He can plan right treatment accordingly

Don't have a second thought, please take appointment asap

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, so that I'm compensated for the answer.

Any bonus is appreciated

Related Neurology Questions