Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My question is how will it take for the fracture to heal and

Customer Question

Hi doctor my question is how long will it take for the fracture to heal and will I need a surgery as it's a minimally displaced fractured of the cuboid bone.
I did an ultrasound scan and this is what the report states : examination of the region of interest finds a step deformity in the cortical contour of the cuboid bone extending to the base of the the 5 th metatarsal. There is oedema in the soft tissues adjacent to this contour deformity and a slight periosteal reaction with hypervascularity. The appearance are that of a minimally displaced fractured of the cuboid bone. This occurs proximal to the peroneal brevis insertion .
Please kindly explain me in detail what all this means
Thank you
Krishma
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is Dr Stan and I will help you today. Your Orthopedic Surgeon/Podiatrist is the best person to discuss whether you need surgery. Having said that, you most likely do not need surgery for this problem. You have been placed in a Una-Boot/Cast to allow it to heal. The healing process will take approximately 8 weeks. I hope this is helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. We are compensated only after you give a positive rating, which is always appreciated.