Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

For the past week on the inside of my mouse I thought I had

Customer Question

For the past week on the inside of my mouse I thought I had like Kinker sores
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: But then for the last two days it's keep getting numb and just a little bit ago it's getting worse and worse
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: Some the inside of my mouth on the left side it's the lower part of my cheek in a little bit out of my mouth part as well
JA: Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: I'm 34 years old I do have high cholesterol I have been taking Lipitor 40 mg and I am taking metformin 350 mg twice a day
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

I know internet search may lead to confusing results, so i always advise my patients, to stop looking at Google.

This can give confusing results.

Most likely, in your case, Urinary tract infection could be common possibility.

You can get a urine routine and microscopic test done.

It is very rare to get STD by such slight contact.

You can see your doctor and this would give you more peace of mind.

Please relax at home.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the wrong answer.

Please don't rate it.

Due to technical error, wrong answer is posted. I am really sorry for that.

I am posting your answer in few minutes.

Thank you

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern.

Have you developed painful red ulcers in mouth?

Are you on any medications?

Do you swollen lymph nodes?

Do you have fever?

Can you please share picture of affected area ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lipitor 40 mg once a day
Metformin 350mg twice a day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fever
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ulcers yes but small ones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No swollen lymph nodes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I feel the inside of my mouth is swollen it's that feeling you get if you buy the inside of your mouth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What u think
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

It sounds to be Canker Sores (Aphthous Ulcers). These are small ulcer craters in the lining of the mouth.

Canker sores are very common.
Usually they heal in about 7 days , but during this period they could be painful and cause numbness in mouth . There is great difficulty in talking, eating and swallowing.

The line of treatment is-
1. Tetracyclin in the form of mouth swish or expectorate. This is effective for its antibacterial action.
2. Topical anesthetic in the form of a Benzocaine paste. This helps to numb the pain temporarily.
3. Use of topical steroid gel containing Triamcinolone Acetonide. This helps to reduce the inflammation.
You should also take vitamin B complex capsules. This helps to correct any nutritional deficiencies.

You can take supplement, which contains folate (folic acid), vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12 or zinc.

Please follow above measures, and you would be free from symptoms.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Do you have any follow up questions?

Thank you

Dr.Josh