How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 46706
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It's been a week - My son was put in handcuffs which have

Customer Question

It's been a week - My son was put in handcuffs which have left him with no feeling in his rt hand. He is a student athlete and needs full use of his hands for his sport.When should he go see a neurologist and who do you recommend in the San Diego, CA area?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

he should go see a neurologist as soon as possible.

you can take him to

UCSD Neurology Clinic

Address: 9350 Campus Point Dr #0973, La Jolla, CA 92037

Phone(###) ###-####/p>

he might need an MRI scan of his wrist to check for carpel tunnel syndrome or damage to ulnar or median nerves into his hand.

you need this numbness in the hand documented by a doctor's exam as soon as possible.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using