How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dr abid Your Own Question
dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5985
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
dr abid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Blood clot in the lower leg. surgery by vascular surgeon

Customer Question

blood clot in the lower leg. surgery by vascular surgeon suggested. is it common to incise from the groin to the ankle. Dr. said it is a very serious surgery. what are the complications re: this operation. what is the recovery time. what questions should I ask prior to surgery.
thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

Please clear one thing , whether you have clot in your vein or arterial system .

As clot in vein is treated usually with medical therapy and arterial clot that is acute occlusion of arteries may need surgery .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
acute occlusion
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for info ...

Acute occlusion need either surgery , stenting or local Thrombolytic treatment to restore blood flow .

This is generally a rule if acute occlusion is below Femoro- popliteal area this need surgery definitely.

You should ask your dr what could be the possible reason of acute occlusion ?

Is surgery is the only option ?

Will you able to stent it ?

What measures should I take to prevent future re occlusion ?

Good luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

So surgery is better option .

Regards .