DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I am very anxious all day every day. It's gotten to the

Customer Question

Hello, I am very anxious all day every day. It's gotten to the point of being debilitating. I am very desperate n need help.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Can you tell me more about your anxiety? When did it start? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

First of all, if you are feeling desperate and out of control, go to the ER.

This type of anxiety needs a medical examination, and treatment.

You need to make sure there are not physical problems, such as hyperthyroidism for example.

Or, nutritional deficits.

Or other problems.

Then, cognitive behavioral therapy has the best evidence base among not drug methods.

There are medications that are also very helpful, depending on what diagnose you get, for example, panic is helped with SSRI medications.

See your doctor ASAP unless you go to the ER.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Find me anytime.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please click a positive rating here.