How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1985
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 58 yr old female, w chronic pain Facet joint

Customer Question

I am a 58 yr old female, w chronic pain
Facet joint bilateral, bilsterally both does the sides of my spinal vertebra. They are are arthritic, hypertrophy, and kill me when I turn or flex at the waist.
This is secondary, due to there being no disc space at all between my L5/S1.
This was caused by a simple repairs of a herniated disc. Afterwards I was in so much pain surgeon stopped taking my calls.
Got sent to pain mgt and none of the 5 epidurals took.
When to another pain mgt who did an MRI. The surgeon left a large disc fragment behind, abutted to my sciatic nerve. Still this pain mgt will not prescribe pain meds
Is it legal to find a mgt in Mexico who wl take me on as his patient and prescribe proper pain pills, so I can live my life again?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have chronic pains and that your back surgery didn't work.

are you looking for a pain management doctor in New Mexico or Mexico?

I'm surprised your pain management doctor didn't talk to you about an implanted spinal stimulator to help decrease the pain.

also a TENs unit on your back could distract your nerves and decrease pain

does your pain management doctor do surgery or procedures to implant spinal stimulators?