How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Salama Your Own Question
Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 715
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Michael Salama is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: Have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Have electrical like shocks in my head that travel down to my feet . It's on and off
JA: The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: Mostly felt when I stand up and sometimes it feels like I will lose my balance
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Neurologist should know?
Customer: Have borderline cholesterol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Salama MD,How long have you had these symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Say 4 to 6 months on and off
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything you can do to trigger the shocks or make them worse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Movement of the head or standing up from a sitting position
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No shocks at night whilst sleeping etc
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.
Have you had an EMG done to look at your nerves?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.
At this point, I would recommend an EMG considering your symptoms and the length of time you've had them. It will give us an idea of where your nerves are affected and how this issue can be resolved. I would seek out consultation who can order this test for you along with recommending an appropriate treatment plan.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.