How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1985
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been in a difficult situation the last two years after

Customer Question

I've been in a difficult situation the last two years after a serious accident. While I've been working on the issues one by one (13 oral surgeries later), I have a large remaining issue I am trying to find help for. I am pretty sure I cracked my skull. One of the things I've been saying is that I feel like there's a hole in the side of my head and draining. I'm on high doses of penicillin, however the only time the draining and oozing (with odor of pus) stops, is when I'm on IV antibiotics. I am trying to find someone knowledgeable about this and am struggling. I did get a head ct scan done and not sure who I should bring this to. I don't know if this hole in the skull is normal, but this is where the infection symptoms I am having are coming from. I don't know how to attach the image.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ..

Thank you for the question ...

Have you had CT report available ?

What do you mean by hole in skull ?

Regards .