Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

Diagnosed with chronic small vessel disease today.. Im a 57

Customer Question
year old woman..non smoker, though...
Diagnosed with chronic small vessel disease today.. Im a 57 year old woman..non smoker, though smoked in my 20s and 30s. Headaches, neuralgia (bi lateral) tingling in fcae feet and hands, waves of numbness in face. Pain in thighs, twitching muscles in thighs. poor balance,memory problems- but also menopausal! Cognitive problems. Seriously thought I had MS- no mix up between the 2 conditions possible on MRI ??
JA: Your nerves are the communications system for your body so you are doing the right thing consulting our Expert about anything to do with them. Losing comms is not good. Is there anything else important you think the Neurologist should know?
Customer: Dont drink alcohol...stopped at Xmas, work part time in dentistry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
4/28/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hello. Welcome to JA. The changes on MRI which suggest demyelinating disease like MS are similar to that seen in microvascular disease, it is not always easy to tell them apart. The size of the individual lesions, the orientation of the lesions radially, and the sharpness of contour of each individual lesion can be suggestive of MS over microvascular disease, but the best information is your history of symptoms and your neurological exam. Tell me your story, upload your MRI report and I will respond. With the history of headaches, you could have leukoaraiosis, or white matter microvascular disease from that. Dr Frank

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just sent a long story to you and paid £28 via Pay Pal...not sure where my story has gone??

That is very bizarre. you are the lady who had the MRI earlier, and then now with an increase in white matter lesions, one in the pons, etc. correct? Did you post this twice? this might be another posting that was never completed. I would suggest you go to the bottom of the page, click customer service and tell them you lost the posting ok? or get back to me here Dr Frank

Do you have your MRI report? how can I help. you have not paid for this answer until you accept the answer. Dr Frank

Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician