How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nadim Al-Mubarak Your Own Question
Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 379
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Nadim Al-Mubarak is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Foot injury question

Customer Question

Foot injury question
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.


You need to have checked by a doctor as soon as possible. If you can see one tomorrow, no need to go to ER or UC

The is a chance that you have fractured our toe or the forefoot and you will need an xray

Until then, keep weight off he leg and apply ice to reduce swelling. Use ice pack or plastic bag with ice in it, so ice wont come into direct contact with skin. Apply it for 20 min at a time

Use soft wide shoes. For pain, use Advil or Motrin (about 600-mg three times daily for 2-3 days), that is 2 Advil tablets three times daily

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.

I hope I answered your concerns satisfactorily. If so, please complete the stars rating above as this is the only way we get credit for our service. Best wishes

Related Neurology Questions