Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

Foot injury question

Customer Question

Foot injury question
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.

Greetings

You need to have checked by a doctor as soon as possible. If you can see one tomorrow, no need to go to ER or UC

The is a chance that you have fractured our toe or the forefoot and you will need an xray

Until then, keep weight off he leg and apply ice to reduce swelling. Use ice pack or plastic bag with ice in it, so ice wont come into direct contact with skin. Apply it for 20 min at a time

Use soft wide shoes. For pain, use Advil or Motrin (about 600-mg three times daily for 2-3 days), that is 2 Advil tablets three times daily

I hope I answered your concerns satisfactorily. If so, please complete the stars rating above as this is the only way we get credit for our service. Best wishes