Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I am getting random heart palpitations...and a headache when

Customer Question

i am getting random heart palpitations...and a headache when I wake up....also a little bit of tingling in my right hand, but not often....I feel fine apart from this. Not dizzy or out of breath or any pain in my body
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns. First of all these symptoms you have mentioned may not be related to any serious illnesses. People experience various symptoms but not all of them are associated with serious illnesses. So these symptoms you are experiencing may not mean anything serious. However we need to investigate this further so nothing is missed. For example palpitations may be produced by various types of heart diseases, anemia, thyroid diseases etc. if you have not been investigated for these conditions then you need investigations like an EKG, Holter monitor, Echocardiogram, lood tests etc to find out the cause for the palpitations. The headaches also can be due to non serious causes however we need to rule out various structural conditons that may involve the brain and if not already done then you need a brain scan like CAT scan or MRI scan of the brain to find out the cause for the headaches. Tingling in the right hand can also be due to non-serious conditions however conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome or cubital tunnel syndrome (nerve injuries) can also cause this type of symptoms. If not already done you need investigations like EMG/Nerve conduction test etc to find out the cause for the tingling symptom. And please see that symptoms like palpitations, headaches, tingling in the hand etc do not automatically mean there is an underlying serious condition, in fact on most occasions such symptoms are related to some non-serious benign treatable/curable conditions, however we need to evaluate further to find out the root cause of these symptoms. You may see your clinic doctors, preferably a neurologist as soon as possible so that you can receive a thorough clinical evaluation/clinical examination & certain relevant investigations as pointed above and then treated appropriately. An early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see your clinic doctors including a neurologist as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question. Best regards,Customer