How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am writing for a friend in China. Her mother fell and

Customer Question

I am writing for a friend in China. Her mother fell and suffered a skull fracture fast Friday. Her recovery was going well and 2 CT scans looked good. She was talking, eating, and standing. Two hours ago she began shaking and has slurred speech. The Chinese doctor is taking a wait and see approach. Any suggestions. Know any neurologists in Jiangyin China or Shanghai?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. It is difficult to give you a name for a Neurologist in Shanghai from here. You should contact the American Academy of Neurology., they have a worldwide provider directory and can give you that information. All of the neurologists on their list are ABPN board certified.

In terms of help, please get back to me with more information and/or questions. I can review CT scans on Dropbox if they are available, or interpret a report. There are a few reasons for the response you described, seizure, stroke, medication effect. An MRI scan would be preferable over a CT if the CT "looked good" as it will show brain contusion or bruising in addition to the fracture line. If this is a depressed skull fracture, she might need surgery to repair the injury. Get back to me if I can help and I will reply. Dr Frank