How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How would you treat someone that did not want to have hip

Customer Question

How would you treat someone that did not want to have hip replacement surgery?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. It sounds like you are doing what you can do for your hip. Exercising in a manner that does not cause further damage, and taking NSAID medications as needed for pain and to reduce inflammation. The course of action depends on what your imaging shows, and what you can do on static testing with a physical therapist in terms of your hip flexion, abduction and extension. And how much pain you have on weight bearing. If you have your MRI or CT report and need an explanation of the findings, please upload the report minus your name, as this is a public forum, and I will reply. An Orthopedist may try to inject your bursa over the acetabulum with steroids, or directly using fluoroscopy into the hip (interarticular injection), but that depends on the damage in the joint. Please get back to me with questions and more information, and I will reply. Or if satisfied with that answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Debra, please get back to me as I left you an answer, we can discuss this until you are satisfied. Dr Frank

Related Neurology Questions