Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I woke up with a large bump on my arm, and it had a black

Customer Question

Hi I woke up with a large bump on my arm, and it had a black gooey substance coated over the top. Then, I wiped off the substance and it revealed a lesion that looked like it was already healing...I had no lesion or anything on my arm when I went to bed. It doesn't hurt at all - but there's still a black mark within the lesion. I have no idea how this would come to be, especially since it doesn't hurt and looks like it's already healing.
Then, on the other side, I have a series of branching red marks on my outer thigh on my left leg I also woke up with. I'm a little shaken by it - any idea what it is?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a picture?
Please don't forget to look at the rating scale for me.I am credited for work only when you rate positiveIf you have more questions, just reply :)