Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have had 9 meningioma tumors which caused obliteration of

Customer Question

I have had 9 meningioma tumors which caused obliteration of the saggital sinus, I now have a 4mm nodule in my lung. could this be related?
JA: The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: 2003 Craniotomy for L Frontal meningioma
JA: Anything else I can tell the Neurologist before I connect you two?
Customer: gamma knife times 3 for recurrence in the SS. followed by 6 weeks of radiation treatments.. I had an incidental finding of a 4mm nodule in my lung, could this be related? Also I still have a stable mass with a scan due on 4/23/16. could this be a source of depression
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I do not believe the lung nodule would be related to the meningiomas. I would ask if you have a family history of meningiomas, or any familial hamartomas/tuberous sclerosis history? Can you tell me more about the lung nodule, is it a granuloma? I will do a literature review for you if you have any more information to send. I will wait for your reply. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

In researching this question, there are a few very rare cases of "metastatic meningioma" that presented with lung metastasis, in one case 22 years after the primary meningioma was resected. So the answer to your question is possibly, but not probably. I would ask you to research the histology of all the meningiomas that were resected. Do you have the pathology reports? Is there any indication of metastatic growth? did any of your meningiomas need a second resection? I will attach the article. Please get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply. Or if satisfied, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work. Thanks Dr frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3473618/

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

That is the article. Another question I had was have you had a PET (positron emission tomography) of the lung using 18F-FDG to determine the metabolism of this nodule? get back to me to discuss I will also put out the phone option if you would like me to call you. JA charges extra but if you would like a call, just put your number in the offer box and a time to call if not now. Dr frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I hope I was able to answer your question. Please get back to me and we can discuss this further. If satisfied with this answer/information, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work. thanks Dr frank