Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I have been having serious neck and upper back pain. I am

Customer Question

I have been having serious neck and upper back pain. I am post surgical patient of a bilateral fusion with plating of C-3, C-4 and C-5 from late 2202. Over the years I have struggling with chronic pain and the last couple weeks severe pain. The xrays now show post surgical changes and anterolisthesis of C-7 on T1 of 2 MM and Antherolisthesis of C-6 on C-7 of 3 MM. What does this mean?? Also due to spurring it says there is neuroforminal arthropathy noted in the mid and lower cervical spine. My doctor wants me to do another round of PT. I don't feel this is going to help. Can you advise? Thank you so much.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I think that's it. Thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Anterolisthesis implies that there is now some slippage of your vertebral bodies. This is a fairly common long term complication of cervical fusion. The spurring is extra bone being laid down by the body to strengthen the spine. Unfortunately, this extra bone can narrow the channels through which the nerves pass on their way from the spine into the lower neck and arms. If the nerves get crowded or compressed, this can result in lots of pain and even weakness downstream.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
I agree with you that in this setting, physical therapy is unlikely to make a considerable difference, though it would be preferable to doing surgery again. You should see a neurosurgeon, if you haven't already, and ask if this is a surgical situation. If not, they may be able to do steroid injections to reduce inflammation and pain at the levels of nerve impingement.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Annie. How's your pain today? Did you have any follow up questions about the above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I notice that my visa was charged an additional 29.99. I thought I was asking one question and being charged 5.00. I did not expect this charge. Can you refund my account please?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
I would call customer service. They will take care of this for you.