Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

What can cause lower back pain that's worse at night when

Customer Question

what can cause lower back pain that's worse at night when I'm sleeping and cause my hips and legs to hurt?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. In someone your age, the most likely cause is lumbar spasm. A condition where during the day, increased work load on your lumbar muscles put them into spasm. That will cause a stiff lower back and inability to turn in bed (?) and also pain into your hips and legs. Alternatively, if you have irregular menses, than this can be a symptom of endometriosis. Those are the main reasons. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help, or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for my work. Dr Frank. If you have any information, like an MRI report of your lower back, please upload it minus your name as this is a public forum, and I will reply. I can also call you for an additional fee, and will put that option out to you. If interested in this premium service please put your number in the box, and a time to call. Thanks *****