Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

My name is ***** *****. It was noticed last year that I do

Customer Question
not have a left vertebral...
My name is ***** *****. It was noticed last year that I do not have a left vertebral artery. They did numerous scans, with contrast, without contrast, of my brain, neck...trying to find it, but they finally concluded I don't have one. Having problems with concentrating, memory (long and short), learning new concepts, paying attention to detail. I'm 47 yr old male, tax accountant and this is becoming a huge problem with my job. I'm wondering if it could be related to my missing artery. Family history of aneurysms, and some of my father's siblings suffered from demntia like symptoms and personality changes for many years, as well as aneurysms. Not sure what is wrong with me, but I feel like something is not right.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I also had seizure disorder as a child, that stopped and resurfaced for a couple of years in my early 20's. Diagnosed with RSD back in mid 90's but no issues there since 2000.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Neurologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
4/4/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hi. First about your RSD, tell me about that. Was it related to surgery or trauma, or how did it occur? A absent L vertebral artery can be acquired as if by dissection of the artery, or congenitally, as you were only born with the three arteries, the one vertebral and the two anterior carotids. Did you have an digital subtraction angiogram, or an MRA or both? Do you have the report? If you do, please upload it minus your name, as this is a public forum. Have you seen a behavioral neurologist about your cognitive impairment? There are additional tests to suggest based on your family history, and after getting more information, if relevant, I can send it to you. Let me know what you have had done as part of the evaluation and I will reply. I will also put out the phone option where I can call you, but JA charges additionally for that level of premium service. If interested, just put your number in the offer box and a time to call if not now. Or write back. Dr Frank

Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician