Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My name is ***** ***** I am 29 years old and I think I have

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I am 29 years old and I think I have Bulgar als I am four months pregnant
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been having weakness on the right side of the body and problems swallowing...I had an egg on the the two right limbs that came out clean but with the swallowing issue I think that may be a false negative
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Neurologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. Congratulations on the pregnancy. I am an Adult Neurologist and can hopefully answer your questions. Tell me about what is going on. You wrote Bulgar ALS, but I am sure you mean Bulbar ALS, a disease effecting the cranial motor nerves, and therefore, the facial muscles, swallowing muscles, the muscles that run your diaphragm, etc. Common Findings are double vision, or slurred speech, problems swallowing liquids, and a change in the frequency of your voice. I think you mean you had an EMG of the upper and lower right limbs, and that it was normal. Did they needle your tongue? Get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply. If you would rather discuss this on the phone, I can call you for an additional cost. I will put out that option, but if you would just prefer to type a reply, that is fine. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I hope you are doing better, if you wish to discuss your problem by chat, just write back and I will reply. Good Luck. Dr frank