How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 80 year old mom can't hardly get around due to back pain.

Customer Question

My 80 year old mom can't hardly get around due to back pain. Doesn't want to be on pills. Over the counter not helping. Should I take her to er or doc in a box
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

If you take her to the ER, they will give her a shot of toradol, which will reduce inflammation in the spine and hopefully she will move around better. If things are really bad, they will admit her and consider a steroid epidural injection or maybe a kyphoplasty procedure to knock out the nerves that are giving her such pain and muscular spasm. it depends on her imaging. If you have a MRI report on her, you can upload it minus her name, and I can explain it to you and help in that decision. But as a bot***** *****ne, if she really is unable to ambulate, the ER is much better than the doc in a box clinic. I hope that helps. Get back to me with questions and I will reply, or if satisfied, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for my work. I will also put out the phone option box where I can call you for an additional fee. If you need that level of service, just put your number in the box and a time to call. Let me know what medications she is taking and I will reply here as well. Dr frank