How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have chronic pain, nerve pain, psoriatic arthritis, IBS-D,

Customer Question

Hello! I have chronic pain, nerve pain, psoriatic arthritis, IBS-D, Bursitis in both hips & the occasional migraine. My family dr I've been with for a long time is an older gentleman who took a fall down some stairs & will not be coming back into his practice. He was prescribing me Percocet 10/325 & I asked to try & start to wein off. I went down to 7.5 Percocet just once & his accident happened. I'm now without pain meds, going through horrible w/d's & I have a very energetic 5 yr old son that I cannot keep up with now. I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forgot to add I have degenerative disc disease & an old back injury that is still giving me pain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot Fibromyalgia
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to JA. I will review your statement and respond shortly. please read this preliminary answer and respond. Dr Frank How can I help? As a doctor online, it is against the law to prescribe pain meds. Please get back to me if you have a medical question, and I will reply. Dr frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

If you need information on how to wean off percoset, just get back to me and we can discuss it. Dr Frank