Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have bad leg pain mainly in upper legs when I get on my

Customer Question

I have bad leg pain mainly in upper legs when I get on my feet it starts the longer I stand the more intense it gets there are some tenderness between legs its so bad some days I cant be on them. I have arthritis in back have no radiating pain a different type pain been told it was fibro, but have it in upper body it doesn't stay in any place it comes and goes I have tried nuerontin some newer drugs, but am sensitive to most drugs, I am taking Vicodin four a day for arthritic pain, it doesn't help my legs much do you have any ideases about it
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Have you been screened for other conditions that can give you diffuse muscular pain. Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR) or polymyositis? Do you have any skin lesions? A history or family history of other autoimmune diseases like lupus, sjogren's, sarcoid, rheumatoid arthritis? Have you seen a rheumatologist for some screening blood work: including ANA, RA, sed rate, CK, and others? Have you seen a neurologist to screen for polyneuropathy or small fiber neuropathy? Please get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply. I will put out the phone option if you want me to call you, JA charges extra for that service, but we can discuss your issues more intensely. Or just write back. If satisfied,, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work. If you have blood work results or any testing you don't understand, want an explanation, etc, just upload it here, or have it ready if we talk. ok? Dr Frank