Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

My lower back started hurting yesterday after being on my

Customer Question
feet all day then I...
My lower back started hurting yesterday after being on my feet all day then I painted today while doing that on my knees when I got up and started walking I felt like my leg went in slow motion like it was tight also when I spread my legs to stretch it hurts my lower back and groun what can it be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
3/13/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)

Hi there. Have you had problems with your back before?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here and there with soreness nothing crazy

And you were having no pain prior to yesterday? Does the pain radiate down below the hip?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't have pain before yesterday but have had pain in past then feels better..it doesn't radiate below the hip but my calf felt tight like it wouldn't move that's where it felt like

Are you having any trouble controlling your bowel or bladder since this pain started?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not at all

This does not sound like an emergency and does not sound like a slipped disc. The only way to be sure, however, would be to get an MRI of the lumbar region. That said, soft tissue injuries are far more common in situations like this. When the muscles, the tendons (where the muscles attach to the bones) or the ligaments (which attach bone to bone) are strained or torn, they can hurt a lot and lead to stiffness and/or cramping. This is particularly common in situations in which the soft tissues are not accustomed to, or ready for, a particular activity or position and become injured. The treatment for this type of condition is rest, ice, anti-inflammatories, and gentle stretching once the pain has subsided (in order to prevent future injuries). A good physical therapist can often isolate the injured structure (or area) and develop a home program to help with pain and expedite healing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would that make my leg feel like that or is that just tiredness

Does your leg feel that way continuously or on and off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On and off

And do you feel it in one leg or both?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not often once and awhile

This is most likely a case of overexertion of a limb that was not prepared for the challenge of standing all day and then painting on your knees. The soft tissues should heal slowly over the next several days to weeks, assuming you do not further stress it. Each successive day should be better than the previous one. If this is not the case, and your symptoms worsen, you would want to see your GP for a complete evaluation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank u for ur time

You're welcome. Hope all works out for the best and you are feeling better soon.

If you have no further questions, a positive rating would be appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you need help with.

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)