Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I had neck surgery 5 months ago for pinched nerve. About 2

Customer Question

I had neck surgery 5 months ago for pinched nerve. About 2 weeks ago the pain and tingling has returned in both hands whereas before the surgery it was just in right arm and hand. What should I do?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Is the pain similar to what you had before surgery? Did you have a ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion) on one level or multiple levels? You need to contact your surgeon or your neurologist to see and examine you. It depends on what you had done, get back to me to discuss this further. If you had a fusion, they will x ray the fusion to see if there is a subluxation or lithesis (a slippage) as you have bilateral symptoms. Basically they have to look at your neck, and may want to repeat your EMG test if you had that before surgery. Dr Frank