Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up with pain in the upper part of my middle finger.

Customer Question
I woke up with...

I woke up with pain in the upper part of my middle finger. it hurts at the bend below the nail area. Feels like the joint area cannot make a fist either Joint hurts when I touch it

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.

Not sure what else. I am 55 and in good health otherwise

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hello Welcome to JA I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and respond. Dr Frank

I don't see a prelim answer

The most common reason is some type of trauma to the hyponychia, the area of the nail bed. Was there any trauma or is it red and swollen?

can you take a picture of your finger, and upload it? Dr Frank