Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I woke up with pain in the upper part of my middle finger.

Customer Question

I woke up with pain in the upper part of my middle finger. it hurts at the bend below the nail area. Feels like the joint area cannot make a fist either Joint hurts when I touch it
JA: OK. The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: not sure what else. I am 55 and in good health otherwise
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Neurologist should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello Welcome to JA I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and respond. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see a prelim answer
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

The most common reason is some type of trauma to the hyponychia, the area of the nail bed. Was there any trauma or is it red and swollen?

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

can you take a picture of your finger, and upload it? Dr Frank