How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Subbanna MD Your Own Question
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5403
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr Subbanna MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have constant aching right side testicular area, started

Customer Question

I have constant aching right side testicular area, started about 6-8 months ago very low intensity, now is constant aching 3 x more uncomfortable for about 2 week now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jim, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

There are myriad health conditions that can cause this type of symptom you are having in the testicular area, for example certain neurological conditions like a neuropathy can cause this. There are nerves like for example genitofemoral nerve or ilioinguinal nerve the damage of which can cause this type of aching/pain in the testis area. Certain type of hernia too can cause this. Ligament injury in the testes or groin area also can cause this. Circulation problem to the testes too can cause this type of aching. Local pathologies arising from the testis itself too can cause this.

As you see there are many possibilities and if not already done then you may please try to get examined by a doctor in the clinic preferably by a neurologist and an urologist so that both neurological and urological causes can be ruled out. After a thorough examination they will also arrange for certain relevant investigations which should help in identifying the exact cause for your symptom and then treated appropriately.

And please see that the type of symptom you are having in the testis does not automatically mean there is some underlying serious condition, in fact on many occasions these type of symptoms are related to just some benign non-serious conditions which can be treated/cured, however considering that a firm final diagnosis has still not been made accordingly you may try to see your clinic doctors, preferably a neurologist & urologist as soon as possible so that you can receive a thorough clinical evaluation/clinical examination and certain relevant investigations too as pointed above, and once a final precise diagnosis is made it will be treated appropriately. An early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see doctors as soon as possible.

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor