How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Subbanna MD Your Own Question
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5374
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr Subbanna MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hands and feet are hurting(feels like im wearing tight

Customer Question

Hands and feet are hurting(feels like im wearing tight gloves or socks) and turning a dark red/purple when I put my hands by my side. Hands feel like they are throbbing when I put them down by my side.hands and feet have also been feeling like they tingling every now and then. Been having some other problems while this is happening too. Should I be concerned? Should I go to the ER or should I wait to go see the doctor? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

The symptoms you have described are suspicious for conditions like peripheral neuropathy or erythromelagia etc involving the hand and feet. There are myriad underlying health conditions that can cause neuropathy or erythromelalgia. This needs to be investigated and treated appropriately asap. Visiting the ER is not absolutely necessary provided you can get to see a doctor in the clinic preferably a neurologist asap – say in the next couple of days or so, if such early appointments are not available in the clinic then visiting the ER is preferred.

And please see that these symptoms you are having do not automatically mean there is some underlying serious condition, in fact on many occasions these type of symptoms are related to some benign non-serious conditions which can be treated/cured. You may try to see your clinic doctors, preferably a neurologist as soon as possible so that you can receive a thorough clinical evaluation/clinical examination and also certain relevant investigations too as pointed above and once final precise diagnosis is made it will be treated appropriately. An early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see your clinic doctors including a neurologist as soon as possible. If clinic appointments are not available soon then you may try to visit the ER, the ER doctors too can arrange for a neurologist to come and see you while you are in the ER.

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor