Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I had an internal fixator placed in my knee due to a stress…

Customer Question
I had an internal fixator...
I had an internal fixator placed in my knee due to a stress fracture not healing. My foot gets ice cold. No color change. Had artery sonogram, normal. Any ideas
what could be causing this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
2/24/2016
Neurologist: DrRussMd, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD

Hi

See your doctor immediately.

This can be the beginning of complex regional pain syndrome, which can start with such symptoms.

An orthopedist should be familiar with this.

Another possibility is simply a reaction of slightly damaged nerves, which will get better with time.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.