Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My pain management Doctor want s to do this laser surgery on…

Customer Question
My pain management...
My pain management Doctor want s to do this laser surgery on my back but I don't know if I want to please let me know if he is qualified . My surgery is tomorrow . I am afraid cause I had a fusion on my l4-&lb and the doctor botched it. Please help me with this .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
2/22/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you know the name of the procedure he wants to do?

Why do you believe he is not qualified?

What is the Doctors name and what city/state is he in?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

The Doctor is Ashraf Razzak in Hermitage PA . He is also a anesthesiologist and pain specialist . I Google him and I could not find that he was not listed as a Laser spine specialist . I have been threw one bad back surgery I don't want another one . No, I do not know the answer for the procedure but the problem there is my T-6 he told me was degenerated. I have a lot of pain and tingling there. That is all I know . He is a good doctor but I don't know if he can do this in his office , he said it won't take long and I will have a small incision .

I fully understand your concerns.

If I were in your shoes, feeling as you do, I would cancel my appointment with Dr. Razzak and make another appointment with a Board Certified pain specialist, perhaps a Professor of Pain Management at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Teaching Hospital, and get another opinion.

I can assure you that the Professors at UPMC are fully qualified and will give you unbiased, expert advice on what would be best for you.

You should not have Dr. Razzak care for you as it is obvious that you are not comfortable with him at this point....

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS