Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I hit my right temple on my car door around 5:40PM CDT. No…

Customer Question
I hit my right temple...
I hit my right temple on my car door around 5:40PM CDT. No bleeding, just sore & a minor headache on right side. No nausea nor dizziness. Shall I be concerned? It was a pretty hard hit.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
2/20/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hello. Welcome to JA. No. It has been 4 hours, you are past both the time for an epidural and for a subdural hematoma to occur. that is the only serious ramifications of a head injury in that area. There is an artery, the middle meningeal artery, that can rupture and cause a serious brain injury just 30 minutes after impact. If you have a complete recollection of all the events prior to and after the impact, and no light bothering your eyes, neck stiffness, nausea/vomiting as you stated, dizziness, then really not to worry, You should ice it as much as you can during times that it hurts, and later if you feel it could still be swelling, for up to 48 hours following injury. Please get back to me if you have questions and I will respond. Or if satisfied, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks Dr frank

Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help. Or if satisfied with this answer please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how t am compensated for my work. Thanks. Dr Frank