Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have severe gastroparis and major back and neck pain from…

Customer Question
I have severe gastroparis and...
I have severe gastroparis and major back and neck pain from a auto accident many yrs ago my pain management dr has me on eextended release medication which is not helping my gastro dr says my stomach is now between 2-4 percent working from many tests they run and says my er medication is a waste since my stomach is working so little I throw up every morning and aren't able to keep meds down until after 3pm I also take meds for high bloodpressure and thyroid what do you think
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
2/19/2016
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

This is Dr. David

it sounds like you need an implantable gastric stimulation (IGS) pacemaker for your stomach.

this will help stimulate your stomach muscles to contract to help push food down in the right direction.

it doesn't sound like your extended release medications are working at all.

I would get the gastric pacemaker implanted

let me know if you have questions.