Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

For the past week the bridge of my nose has been twitching…

Customer Question
For the past week the...
For the past week the bridge of my nose has been twitching and this morning, my right cheek area felt numb.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
2/15/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hello. Are you anxious? Those symptoms are classically seen in patients with anxiety, the small muscles in the face are reacting to the increase in nerve flow seen with anxiety, causing the muscle fibers to twitch or fasciculate. Also numbness and or tingling in the peri-oral area is commonly seen with hyperventilation associated with anxiety. Or is it a different reason? You can have electrolyte disorders from working out a lot and not rehydrating. If that is the case, I would suggest trying sports drinks with extra magnesium, like gatoraide, you can get magnesium in a GNC store and that will relax your muscles and stop the twitching. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help. Or, if satisfied, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks Dr frank