Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Every time I touch my penis and I begin to rub and I get…

Customer Question
Hello every time I touch...
Hello every time I touch my penis and I begin to rub and masterbate I get shakey and pain in my right side by the ribs. I use to masterbate all the time but ever since I masterbated and started shaking I haven't masterbated in a month. What can this be. Chest ct and echo was normal. Brain mri was normal but braces made test hard to see frontal lobe. In any case I lose focus during the day and masterbating just makes me shake and feel unnatural. The only time I get an erection is when waking up and this hasent happend in a week. Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
I also get the pain in my head and eyes when I get sexually aroused and start to touch my penis
2/15/2016
Neurologist: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer.

Since there are no findings on imaging studies and if there were no findings on exam, the most likely cause of these symptoms would be from mental health issues, such as anxiety or depression. Anxiety or depression are the most common causes of erection difficulties in a 21 year old, and since there is no evidence of other causes, that would support that it is from a mental health issue.

Treatment can be by medicines or counseling, and you can discuss with your doctor about treatment options.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

I agree with the mental health issue what I'm concerned with is could this be a hormonal imbalace also I did suffer the loss of my father and grandpa on the same day 8 months ago so I know some sort of depression is there. I'm also being tested for celiac disease. My ears turn red but bp and heart rate are perfect.1 is a hormonal imbalance a likely cause? I do have mild gynocemastia
2 with treatment like talk therapy and light therapy is there hope that I'll get my masterbating ability back. I have the drive I just panic when I try.
I also get the stomach pain after eating and feeling weak

It is not typical for a hormonal imbalance to cause shaking and rib pain with masturbation.

Yes, treatment with counseling can help many people. Some people also need medicines, but between counseling and medicines, the vast majority of people do well and sexual function will return to normal.

How about celiac disease can that cause anxiety with shakiness and feeling of death and rib pain during masterbation. Also I'd like to mention my brain mri did not show my frontal lobe because of dental braces. Does that matter?

Celiac disease would typically not cause these symptoms with masturbation. They can usually get a sufficient view with the braces to exclude worrisome conditions, but that is up to your doctor to decide whether the view was sufficient. Since your doctor did not order another test, it is likely that the view was sufficient.

Is there any diseases of the frontal lobe that could cause my problem?

It would only be a disease of the brain, not of the frontal lobe, but if they got a sufficient view, then you obviously do not have any such disease.

basically it seems that my issue is depression and anxiety upon stimulation?

Yes, assuming that there were no findings on exam.

The anxiety and depression would be there all the time, but the precipitation of symptoms occurs with stimulation.

Here's my ultra sound of cortid arteries idk if it's normalTechnique: Carotid ultrasound was performed utilizing gray scale imaging, color-flow, and duplex Doppler.Findings: Right common, internal, and external carotid arteries are patent, without significant plaque formation. Left common, internal, and external carotid arteries are patent, without significant plaque formation. Vertebral arteries are patent
bilaterally with antegrade flow.Velocities:
Right common carotid: 164 cm/sec
Left common carotid: 155 cm/secRight internal carotid systolic: 129 cm/sec
Left internal carotid systolic: 133 cm/secRight internal carotid diastolic: 26 cm/sec
Left internal carotid diastolic: 39 cm/secRight ICA/CCA ratio: 0.79
Left ICA/CCA ratio: 0.86IMPRESSION:Common, internal, and external carotid arteries are patent bilaterally.Mildly elevated peak systolic velocities within the internal carotid arteries bilaterally. However, end-diastolic velocities within the internal carotid arteries are normal bilaterally and ICA to CCA ratio is normal bilaterally. There is also no
significant plaque seen within the carotid arteries bilaterally. Therefore it is felt that there is no significant internal carotid artery stenosis bilaterally.Vertebral arteries are patent bilaterally with antegrade flow.

This is completely normal.

Okay, but does no signifgent stenosis mean that I have some? Just curious and what is considerd signifigent

The ultrasound can only detect significant stenosis. It cannot differentiate between none and insignificant stenosis. But since the only concern is significant stenosis, this is normal.,

Okay thank you for your time :) last question for you, could arteries in my chest be causing my problem? When I tried to masterbate I was hard but I orgasimed I took my bp at home and it was 154/91 is this normal bp for orgasim?

Vascular disease in the chest would not cause symptoms precipitated by masturbation.

Yes, it is common for blood pressure to increase slightly during orgasm.

At night my pulse is 58-61 is that normal? I walk around campus all day but I'm not an athlete and don't exersise to much

Yes

Dr. D. Love, Doctor