Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have had a numb patch on the outer side of the thigh on

Customer Question

for years I have had a numb patch on the outer side of the thigh on the right leg...its a patch of size being a little above the knee to middle of thigh. Also my knee on this leg has been giving me some pain off and on
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I would ask how old are you? do you have diabetes? There is a condition called small fiber neuropathy that can give patchy loss of sensation on the skin, but it is mostly seen in diabetics (though not all). You make the diagnosis by doing a skin biopsy and counting nerve terminals in the skin specimen, as it is reduced in this condition. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help Dr frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr frank this was me the pinched nerve girl you have been talinking too. I couldn't figure out the website and ended up being charged again
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. You aren't charged unless you accept the answer. Although with lupus, you can have small fiber neuropathy as well, so you might want to discuss this with your neurologist. Dr Frank