Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

What is the probability of having an infection in the spinal…

Customer Question
what is the probability of...
what is the probability of having an infection in the spinal cord if I have no fever and a normal CBC ? I have fatigue, stiff legs and confusion. MRA was normal. thanks james
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/3/2016
Neurologist: khagihara, Doctor replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

If you have a viral infection in the brain, it is possible that you have no fever and normal CBC. But you could have other cause such as abnormal electrolyte in the blood.

thanks. Is the electrolyte part of the CBC or do I ask for a separate test for it?
what about bacterial infection? with the same as above?

CBC and chem including electrolytes are different. You should ask of it. If you have bacteria infection, you should have fever and wbc in CBC should be increased.