How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a muscle doctor. I'm only 31 and 2 kids and I'm in

Customer Question

I need a muscle doctor. I'm only 31 and 2 kids and I'm in constant pain because of my muscles in upper back. 2 Dr told me my bones look like a 80 year old, but surely something is going on and can get treated. I can't live this way
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. did the doctor give you a diagnosis? Do you have a arthritic condition like rheumatoid arthritis? or in your family? How can I help? You can have muscle disease as associated with certain arthritic diseases, we can discuss that. A Neurologist will examine your muscles, and may test them with EMG testing, and some blood work. Get back to me to discuss details and I will respond. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I have done a bone density, found osteoporosis in my left hip, osteopemia in my cervical spine I think it was, one doc said kyphosis, I've had an MRI with like a top neurologist where I live, and he did say some arthritis ... but listen at this. ..after my MRI I checked my patient portal and it said malignant brain tumor ...I freaked out, which they apologized said it was an error, but it was on my portal 3 different times, but they didn't do a head scan, but I do have a tiny knot in my neck, not a muscle knot, I know all about those bad boys, but would you think that was really a typo? But about my muscles I do have slight scoliosis but these muscles are killing me... also had to see my neurologist cuz my left hand the thumb and middle finger and ring finger went completely numb, it finally came back after a few weeks but my thumb is still numb...also when I shave my legs my left leg skin feels numb, and my right hand skin. I'm scared
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

You have to get the malignant brain tumor issue out of your conciousness. Your condition is consistent with increase muscle strain and spasm specifically in the cervical muscles and you note as you mentioned the "bad boys". Those are the trigger points possibly consistent with fibromyalgia. You need a screen for autoimmune/rheumatological issues rather than focusing on the cervical spine component. The bone density issue is really the problem and that's rheumatologic. Excersise and maintaining a normal vitamin D and calcium level are intrinsic to fixing this problem. Consider neuropathic medications for fibromyalgia. If anxiety is a major component duloxetine (Cymbalta) may be your drug of choice. Pregabolin (lyrica) is another option. Try to bring your stress level down with all that is going on around you. I am here to help please get back to me if you have further questions. If satisfied please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars for that is how I am compensated for my work. Thanks. Dr. Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well my neurologist basically said the same thing so he is sending me to a rheumatologist, actually next week is my appointment, but that tiny little knot in my neck like smaller than a marble has me worried. It doesn't hurt at all, but I just can't think of what it could be
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Did your doctor look at it? It sounds like a lymphnode from here it it is hard somewhat movable and non painful. If painful think tender point in the muscle as we discussed. Dr Frank

Related Neurology Questions