Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have problems with my hands. I cant make a tight fist. I

Customer Question

I have problems with my hands. I cant make a tight fist. I have a weak grip. sometimes my wrist are weak too. can anything be done to help me
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. So you are 54, any other medical problems? Do you have pain in your joints? Does it hurt to squeeze? Are you stiffer in the morning, and then loosen up, or do you have pain more during the day? Are your joints red and hot? Are the joints swollen, or have little knobs of bone on them? Any history of psoriasis (a patchy skin lesion on the elbows usually), or other diseases like Lupus, Lyme? Is there a family history of rheumatoid arthritis, or osteoarthritis in the family? What kind of work do you do? Do you have any numbness in your hands. Any pain in your wrist? Get back to me with answers and we can discuss this until you are satisfied we got somewhere? Dr Frank, oh, if you take Motrin or Aleve, does it help?