Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

How is it when I suffered extreme depression, extreme PTSD…

Customer Question
How is it when I...
How is it when I suffered extreme depression, extreme PTSD and extreme pain, that doctors refused to help? Why? I still suffer from major depression, PTSD and bouts of extreme pain
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
1/27/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and respond. Dr Frank

How can I help? What questions can I answer for you here online? Please get back to me and I will reply. Dr Frank

Why can they not help?

From here I cannot tell you that without some information. In medicine, per agreement with licensing agencies and insurance providers, adequate records have to be kept for diagnosis and treatment planning. So if you were to obtain your medical records, as they are available to you by law, you could find out the reason at least as it is put down in the medical record. If you have records, and wish me to review them, you can upload pertinant documents, and I can explain them to you. If you chose that, please remove any identifying information as this is a public forum. Use the upload button on your viewing webpage. I can only answer medical questions but cannot second guess other physicians. Dr Frank

seems there is no help for me. No medical care, no support medical or otherwise.

Like everything in life, you determine your own destiny. Whining to me will not get you adequately treated. You need to take charge of your healthcare, if you feel the doctors aren't respecting your wishes get new doctors that do. Find out the reasons for their actions. Take charge. I hope that helps. Dr Frank

Healthcare is a service industry, they work for you.

I am dealing with a disease that causes me problems in every aspect of my life. I become confused, not conscious of what I am doing at times and though I attempt to make a life for myself, I have accidents, causing losses. I breed chinchillas and recently lost a valuable kit when I placed her in the wrong cage. I almost lost a prime male to the same problem. I find this devastating. I breed ragdoll cats but because I appear at time vague at times my old vet has little respect for me. Although I have more experience than he re chins he refuses to listen and insists that I am playing doctor. and so I have poor relationship, not only with my vet but family too who do not take me seriously. I have more education and experience than my siblings yet they belittle me. I am challenged on all fronts. I am tired, weak and as much as I try, cannot get past this.
I m also concerned of pasteurella infection. I lost a chinchilla to this, it came with this. I have an ill ragdoll male who has serious illness vet can't figure out. I have demanded ampicillin for him. I am also concerned I may have picked this up. Very lethargic , migraine, stiff neck, and confusion.
If Finn responds to the antibiotic, how long before he is not contagious? I am concerned only about his mate.
Please don't lay all this on me. I have always done my best, ***** ***** as able, maintained decent standards (more than most) and still fall short of meeting my needs. I have counselled family in need, am more than empathetic and compassionate. yet family has no respect. The ignorance there is problematic and estranges me from them.
Yet I see my sisters who are fragile and nasty have all the support and love from their peers and important others. Somehow doesn't seem right
They have no respect for what I am doing here. I am doing what I love, raising chinchillas and pure bred ragdoll cats. They tell me I should live on a farm, that chins are just big mice etc. No respect, no comprehension
Recently my father died, after long term alzheimers related to his years in professional hockey. Just before Christmas I heard from a fellow that he was a half brother. I am 64, he 62, same age as a brother. I understand my father was away from family for months at a time playing professional hockey. I can understadthat hemet a young lady, so much like my mother, fell for her and had a son by that relationship. He contacted me, and we developed a relationship that is awesome. I can relate to him in many ways, emotionally, intellectually Yet my family became angry, contacted him and insistedhe not talk to me ever again. When I heard of this I told my family they had no business here. I threatened a restraining order if they attempted this again.
I am very much a spiritual person. My half brother Mark also. My family not at all.

Hello. There seems to be many issues that need to be dealt with for you to get somewhere in a positive fashion, but unfortunately, there is not much I can do from here. I am here to answer your questions, but cannot counsel you. It sounds, however, that you just need therapy, that medications may not be warranted, that just a change or some capacity to regulate your environment better will help. There is biofeedback or CBT (computer based therapy) that is helpful in dealing with these closer than life issues. I will send you a typical webpage of a provider in this specialty, just to give you some feel for what to look for in your area. Please get back to me if I can help with answering specific questions, and I will gladly respond, or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work Thanks *****

http://chamberlinneuroscience.com/about.htm