How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bob Your Own Question
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5423
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Bob is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Husband diagnosed with tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet.

Customer Question

Husband diagnosed with tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet. Had two failed tibia release surgeries. Pain, numbness, tingling. He says when he walks he is on broken glass and hot coals at the same time. He is disabled. He is on pain meds and tried several things like lyrica none of which helped him.He has tried every treatment. He is now feeling unbalanced when he stands and lifts one leg - like to dress. I want to take him to the best place in our country for a look over. Where is a great place for an exam?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you go to the nearest university medical center and get an appointment with a pain management specialist (often an anesthesiologist). Your husband might need to have the nerves ablated (deadened) by injection. This is not that same as a steroid shot which is only temporary at best.