Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

Husband diagnosed with tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet.

Customer Question

Husband diagnosed with tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet. Had two failed tibia release surgeries. Pain, numbness, tingling. He says when he walks he is on broken glass and hot coals at the same time. He is disabled. He is on pain meds and tried several things like lyrica none of which helped him.He has tried every treatment. He is now feeling unbalanced when he stands and lifts one leg - like to dress. I want to take him to the best place in our country for a look over. Where is a great place for an exam?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you go to the nearest university medical center and get an appointment with a pain management specialist (often an anesthesiologist). Your husband might need to have the nerves ablated (deadened) by injection. This is not that same as a steroid shot which is only temporary at best.