Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have muscle atrophy to inside of mid left thigh, with

Customer Question

I have muscle atrophy to inside of mid left thigh, with intermittent cramping sensation to front/top of thigh when in sitting position for a short period of time. Cramping and pain is usually shortly relieved with standing, walking, laying flat or in other words removing the 90 degree angle formed by the body and upper left thigh while sitting.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA So have you had this problem evaluated? lhy How old are you? other problems? do you have vascular disease? Has anyone looked at your femoral artery? Do you smoke? Certainly an ischemic neuropathy as related to a loss of blood flow through the femoral artery with a seated posture makes some sense. It could be other things of course, like a problem with your adductor muscles (groin muscles) with tendonitis and atrophy secondary to partial tendon tears. But I would need more information. What meds do you take? are you diabetic, do you take oral hypoglycemic medications? Let me know how I can help Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. put your phone number into the offer box, and a time to call if not now Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I was told you requested a phone call. I can call you if you wish, but if you would rather discuss this problem by chat, that is fine as well. Just reply to the questions I raised and we might be able to decide a route to take to fix your problem. Dr Frank