Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have this awful feeling my blood is burning inside out…

Customer Question
I have this awful feeling...
I have this awful feeling my blood is burning inside out heart palpitations and depressed blood work is fine take verapamil eliquis
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
1/17/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hello. Welcome to JA. I am here to help you as much as possible here online. Why are you on eliquis? Atrial fibrillation or DVT? How long? Verapamil is for Hypertension or for increased cardiac perfusion? have you had a heart attack or stroke? Do you have panic attacks/depression/anxiety issues? If yes, have you spoken to your physician about this for medication that help or maybe non medical management with biofeedback/CBT? Please get back to me and we can discuss this issue until you are satisfied. Dr Frank

I had high blood pressure taken to ER went into a fit and ever since then I've become sicker and sicker I do suffer from depression anxiety but never like this this is not anxiety my chest is on fire even my nose Burns
The cardiologist will not take me off my pills my blood pressure is OK and so is my pulse rate haven't been in a fib since back in June

Hi. This does not sound like a reaction to your medication but there is the serotonin syndrome if you are on antidepressants ( certain ones) or pain meds like tramadol. The way to tell if this is allergic at home is to take some diphenhydramine ( benedryl) and see if the burning goes away or go to the ER with these complaints. Please get back to me to discuss if you think I can help. Dr Frank

Another thought. Why a fib? Do you drink alcohol to excess? Reaction to b vitamins or any nitrates like meds?

No smoke drinking anykind

So your diffuse symptoms of burning sensation is most likely a systemic reaction. It can be a liberation of compounds like adrenalin from some allergic reaction, even soap you used or a insect bite. Try the anti histamine which you can get OTC and see if it works as that gives you a link to the cause. If you feel your heart racing or start getting short of breath the. To the ER Please remember to rate my service if satisfied as that is how I am compensated for my work. Just click on the rating stars. Thanks. Dr Frank

Gerd?

Good idea. It certainly can do this as well. Do you have any sinus congestion as seen with GERD in addition to the burning at the nostrils? Other symptoms include bad breath dental carries substernal chest discomfort. You can have all the symptoms of heart attack.

Do you sleep flat? Do you have OTC Prilosec or any other ppi type meds. Do you have time at home? Dr frank

I have RX Prilosec. I'm was on Cpap but I hurt to use it my nose is running and in cold along with burn

Oh, I see. CPAP as you probably know can make your GERD worse, if the settings are off. The nose running suggests your GERD is worse as well. Have you tried adding onto the prilosec with Maalox/Mylanta or TUMS or whatever you have? Dr Frank

do you think I should see a differnet doctor

If simple treatments for GERD do not change the symptoms of constant burning which is diffuse, then this can be a systemic hormonal effect or related to autonomic nervous system dysfunction. In that capacity an endocrinologist may diagnosis you with a syndrome such as carcinoid syndrome where you make certain compounds which cause a diffuse burning sensation in your body. Hard to say more from here. Please remember to rate my services if satisfied for that is how I am compensated for my work by clicking on the rating stars. Thanks. Dr. Frank